21 March 2009

Retro Music Friday - Getting Back On Track.

To say that I've been burning the mental, emotional and physical candle at both ends for more than a few weeks would be the understatement of the millennium.

It started with the never ending cold sometime in February that took me over a month to get rid of....

then,

I thought one of my clients had cancer ( they don't....whew ! ) and it took FOR.EV.ER. to get the test results back. That shaved about five years off my life.......

then,

my Grandma went into hospice care......

then,

we pulled our file out of China.........

then,

my Grandma died......

then,

we had her funeral another five days after that.

And just to add insult to injury........I had my period THREE TIMES between the beginning of February and today....March 22nd. Yep, three times. And.......two different people asked me last week when I was going to have a baby. HA HA HA HA !!!! Can you detect my sarcasm ??

March has been a blur. One day has just seemed to meld into another. So much so that by the time I went back to work on Wednesday I had no clue what the day or date was. Although when I did return to work my co-workers had many kind words for me and were more than compassionate. Which is more than I can say for some of my family members.

And you all read that correctly....we pulled our file from China two weeks ago. Brock and I had many, many discussions about the continued wait in China and our decision to remove our file was not made on the fly. Friday would have been our two year Log In Date Anniversary. There seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel with China as the current wait is already three years plus. We were still so far back in LIDs that we weren't even going to get preference with regard to the waiting children list.

It seemed to us that the harder we " chased " trying to have a family the further away it got. We decided to be grateful for what we have and no worry about what we don't have. We have a beautiful home, great jobs, a beautiful niece and Godchildren, we're both happy and healthy. Really, what more could we ask for ?

So to the getting back on track part, I've been trying to get things back to normal around here. I actually bought groceries on Thursday night. Believe you me, our fridge was a sad state of affairs. My laundry is getting done. We're actually talking about landscaping to yard.

Normal is nice.

This is Black Coffee In Bed by Squeeze. It is my favorite squeeze song. They used to play is on 92.9 BOS before they altered their format. Now sometimes if I'm lucky I can hear it on COOL102. It's really got nothing to do with the goings on of the past few weeks. I just happen to like this song.

This song was released in 1982. I was six. My Grandma was 56.

XO

Bunny

No comments: