17 January 2008

I Don't Think I'll Ever Have My Own Show On The Travel Channel.

As most of you know from reading my previous post The Mister and I were in Florida over the weekend for the Disney Marathon........which was lovely.

You know when they say " Getting there is half the fun . "

It's total Bullshit.

Let me 'splain.

Like a couple of dummies we booked two different flights down to Florida ( I had to return early ) so we did not travel together. Which, when being with your other half for nearly 13 years is not a bad thing sometimes.

Brock left early on Friday morning. I dropped him off at the airport. He got on a plane and went to Florida.
Plain. And. Simple.

I went to the airport later in the day.
There were thunderstorms.
My plane to Philly was not at the gate as scheduled.
We boarded the plane late
We sat on the runway for an hour and a half.
We got to Philly late.
I missed my connection.
I ( and many others ) was rebooked on a later flight.
I read my rebooked ticket...I have FOUR HOURS to kill in the Philly airport.
( airport bathrooms in Philly....N.A.S.T.Y )
We leave Philly at 9PM.
I get into Tampa at midnight.
Keep in mind..I checked in at the airport in Providence at 11:30 AM.

The fun did not end there....does it ever ?

The return trip was fairly smooth.
I got to the airport no problem.
Checked my suitcase.
Got to Reagan National ok.
Made my connection with no problem.
HAD MY OWN ROW ON THE SECOND FLIGHT !!!!!!! AWESOME !!!!
Got to Providence EARLY !!!! AWESOME !!!!
Go to baggage claim.....NO FUCKING SUITCASE !!!!! BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
My suitcase was put on the wrong flight from Tampa.
I file a Baggage Irregularity report.
They assure me that my bag is not missing and will be delivered later in the day.
Guess what time my suitcase showed up at my house ?
Just guess.....
12:45 AM.
Earlier in the day I spoke with the airline and they again assured me that my bag would be at my house between 7 and 9 pm.

In summation...I was extremely overtired. I was PMSing BAD and I had a missing suitcase.
By 9: 45 PM I was sobbing over my missing suitcase.

Irrational ? Me ? Nah.....

Way to overract, huh ?

And we're going to go halfway around the world to pick up a baby......can you even imagine ?!


XO
Bunny

No comments: