03 February 2008

Random Thoughts.

* Brock and I decided to try "Spin" class yesterday at the Y. If you're not familiar with
"Spin " class it is basically a really intense-balls out cycling class that lasts for an hour. As if an hour of crazy-mad cycling was not enough, they crank the heat in the room to about 85 degrees so you sweat like a swine in heat. Oh. My. God. I felt pretty good when I got home after class yesterday. Today, however, is a different story. My right calf is KILLING me. My butt hurts too. Those bike seats are hard ! I'm going to try to stick with it. They have a 6AM class Monday through Friday. Hmm...lets see how motivated I am to roll into the Y @ the crack of dawn.

* I took one of my clients to Subway for lunch this afternoon and while we were sitting there enjoying our Sandwich of the Day special a Chinese girl ( maybe 6 years old or so ) walked in with her not Chinese mother. I nearly burst into tears. That snuck up on me....wasn't expecting that one.
We've resigned ourselves to the fact that we will be waiting a very long time for a child. And really, we're OK with it. I think that once one has made peace with something, whatever it is, it's like a burden off your shoulders. The uncertainy of it all, mixed with all the other options we were exploring was really making us nuts.
We went through the same thing when we trying to decide wether or not to continue with fertility treatments or adopt. Once we decided that we were going to adopt ( although it felt like adoption chose us...) it was finally peaceful in our house.
I know our baby is out there somewhere and hopefully one day she ( or he ) will find her ( or his ) way to us.
And in case some of you have not heard, there are really terrible snow storms in China right now. Many of the orphanges are having a hard time keeping food and diapers stocked. Not to mention keeping the orphanages heated.
There are some people who are going to get referrals this week and I know it must be difficult for them to know that their babies are out there going through all this.

* In case you've been living under a rock for four months....the Pats are in their fourth Super Bowl in seven years tonight. And although I am not at all concerened that they will lose....sometimes I have this little shimmer of doubt that they might not pull it off.....
then I snap out of it.....GO PATS !!!!!

* Miami Vice trivia time.....does anyone know who Sonny Crockett's ( Don Johnson )original partner was ? It was not Ricardo Tubbs ( Philip Michael Thomas ). Anyone know ? Anyone ? Anyone wanna guess ?
It was this guy. And they killed him off on the very first episode of MV.


XO

Bunny

P.S. I sincerely aplogize for any spelling and/or gramatical errors in today's post. For some reason Blogger spell check is not working.

No comments: