29 February 2008

Retro Music Friday.








Today's song was inspired in part by the instructor of last night's spin class at the Y. She played this song for our last hard core set before cool down. Thanks for the idea Robin !



Back in the day I didn't much care for G & R, however as I've gotten a little older they've grown on me.



G&R is really kind of a sad story. Not many of them managed to escape unscathed. Have you seen Axel Rose these days ? Yikes ! I would not want to run into him in a dark alley. Slash does not look too bad though. And some of the other members have gone on to form Velvet Revolver. Brock has always been a big G & R fan, he also loves Velvet Revolver.

I kept thinking this song wasn't quite old enough to be retro. However imagine my surprise when I discovered that this little ditty was released in 1987. Yep, this tune is 21 years old. If it was a person it would be old enough to drink. This makes me feel old. =(

My favorite part of this song is toward the end....



Where do we go?....where do we go now?...where do we go?.....sweet child....



So, feel free to sing along if you know the words.



Xooo



Bunny

No comments: