24 December 2008

Confessions Of A Sexual Harrasser.

You know sometimes when what you say and what you meant don't exactly intersect ?
Yeah, that happened to me yesterday. The disconnect between my brain and my mouth resulted in me unintentionally sexually harassing Darrell yesterday......not that he seemed to mind.

Darrell was wearing a very festive looking plaid flannel shirt yesterday. It had shades of red, green, white and brown in it and I thought to myself...." Gee, that shirt pattern would make a really pretty Christmas tree skirt. "

So upon running into Darrell in the hallway yesterday I said to him " You know Darrell, I just wanna toss you under my Christmas tree.. "
Right after the word tree left my mouth I realized that what I had said came out all wrong.

Being the good sport he is Darrell went right along with it.....he said ( with a slight twinkle in his eye ) " Well, if you insist. "

Of course I was furiously back-peddling, trying to explain what I meant.
Eventually I just gave up and we both had a laugh. Then we hugged it out and went our separate ways for the afternoon.

I caught up with Darrell later in the day and upon parting ways again at the end of the day he said to me " Hey, Christmas morning look under your tree, I'll be there baby..."
I believe he also said something about " only wearing a bow.."

So I guess you could say that Darrell sexually harassed me right back, which is only fair.


I frequently share these little "work stories" with Brock and more often than not he says;
" You know, if I did that at my job I'd be fired. "


Happy Christmas Eve everyone !

XO
Bunny






No comments: