26 December 2008

Retro Music Friday - I Forgot Today Was Friday.

No really, I did forget that today was Friday.
My bad.





At any rate, this is Super Freak by Rick James. And you know I have a story to go along with this.

My boss has a black standard Poodle. Lovely dog. Kinda nutty, but lovely none the less.
Anywho, last year Brock had come to my work Christmas party with me and had remarked to me ( in a whisper ) that my boss's dog very much resembled Rick James.
The resemblance had not occurred to me until that point. Now thanks to Brock every time I've seen this dog since last Christmas I hear his voice in my head saying " That dog looks just like Rick James. "

At this year's Christmas party I was sitting next to a coworker ( I forgot whom ) and had remarked ( not in a whisper ) that my boss's dog very much resembled Rick James.

Upon hearing this statement my boss then asked the question.......the question that had the few of us sitting in the room baffled.

" Who is Rick James ? "



Pardon ?
Who is Rick James ?
I thought she was kidding.

Upon hearing " Who is Rick James ? " from her the few of us in the room launched into either our best half-drunk karaoke version of Super Freak or a complete full-on reenactment of Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories, including " Fuck yo couch !"



I still don't think my boss knows who Rick James is.


This song was released in 1981. I was 5 and in kindergarten.
Shit I'm getting old.




XO
Bunny

No comments: