15 December 2008

The Five Year Plan.

The Mister and I have always toyed with the idea of being Expats, leaving the country for parts unknown - no forwarding address given...


Occasionally we get really pie-eyed, the idea of taking up in some foreign ( preferably tropical ) country becomes so intense we can almost taste it.

I think we've kind of always had this itch. After all, we thought nothing of packing up and ping ponging across the country when the mood struck us. I've lost track of the number of places we've lived after I got to number 15.
Maybe it was a case of " the grass is greener ", which we've discovered is not always the case.
Maybe it's still a case of greener grass.


Where as most people find a place to get attached to and to call home, the only thing we seem to be attached to is each other. Home is wherever we happen to be at the moment....

Brock's dream for us, as he has so eloquently put it, is to " drink, fuck and live on the beach. "
Although he seems to think that I'd get antsy being in an understimulating environment for too long.


(As I've said previously about The Mister, there is no other person on Earth who knows me as well as he does. Which is wonderful and kind annoying at the same time.
I cannot get anything past him. He knows. Sometimes I don't even have to say anything.
The flip side of that is that I cannot BS him. He sees right through it. )



Now don't go freaking out. We're not going anywhere anytime soon.
Like I said, we toy with the idea.



Although the Amalfi Coast sounds nice, doesn't it ?



XO

Bunny

No comments: