10 April 2009

Retro Music Friday.

Today's post was inspired by the friendly folks at PETA. Apparently they've requested that the Pet Shop Boys change their name to " The Rescue Shelter Boys." You can read more about it HERE.
I appreciate what the folks at PETA do, and I understand why they operate in such extreme measures.....but isn't there a Japanese whaling ship they can go after ? Perhaps somewhere there is a celebrity they can throw buckets of red paint on and call " MURDERER !!!!!"
I find it somewhat puzzling and highly amusing that they are aiming their guns on The Pet Shop Boys.

At any rate, I'm sure none of you will be shocked that I loves me some 80's Brit Synth Pop.
So today I'm giving y'all an 80's Brit Synth Pop three'fer.

Say what you will about this particular genre of music, but some of these song really stand the test of time. Or at least in my head they do.......... but then again there is a lot of shit that only makes sense in my head..........




This is West End Girls by The Pet Shop Boys. Please forgive me if I've already put this one up on a previous RMF. I love this song.......from what I can tell this song was released in Europe in 1984, but wasn't released in the States until 1986. I was 10.

Speaking of me being 10....I recently took apart all the picture boards from my Grandmother's wake and came across a picture with myself in it where I was 10. I had the MOST HORRENDOUS hair cut. UGH ! I was just this side of a full on Carol Brady shag / mullet.
But then again everyone looked horrid in the 80's, right ? Right ? Please tell me everyone looked horrid in the 80's........it wasn't just me, right ????



Here's Promises, Promises by Naked Eyes. I played hookie from work one day last week to go shopping at Old Navy. ( hey, wanna know who's in Old Navy at noon on a Monday ? Nobody. Well ok......me and a couple of SAHMs. Which, if you ask Dooce what SAHM means she'll tell you it means Sh!t A$$ Ho M0therfuc#er........but I digress)
They were playing this on the PA and I had forgotten how much I liked this song.
1983, I was 7.



File under " Throwing The Mister A Bone ", this is True Faith by New Order. The Mister loves New Order. By and large The Mister is not all that complex of a guy to figure out. But his fondness for New Order makes me scratch my head every single time.
1987 - The Mister was 11.

So there you have it.
Sorry this is a day late.

XO
Bunny

No comments: