14 June 2009

Hootie & The Blowfish Are C*ckS*ckers.

I'm pretty sure they are not literal c*cks*ckers - lest anyone think I be exposing myself to a libel suit. The last I checked all the members of Hootie & Co were straight. Although it has been my experience that you cannot have more than four grown men on a stage and not have at least one of them be gay.

But still, they suck.
Why ?

Because for some reason, maybe bred from my textually harassing Team Miller ( How 'bout them Phillies ?! ) last night, I was feeling nostalgic about my college days in Charleston, South Carolina. The oppressively hot days thick with humidity when The Mister and I fell in love. Trix and I trying to turn our dorm apartment into something HGTV-worthy on no budget whatsoever. The Tuesday night buffet at Pizza Hut. Ahhh...good times.

There are two bands that remind me of these precious days of my youth. Dave Matthews Band and Hootie & The Blowfish. DMB hit big my freshman year of college - Ants Marching brings me right back. I can almost smell the damp, skank- nasty laundry room in the dorms.

Hootie & Co were actually from Charleston, so they were a town favorite - on the radio nearly 24/7. The video for Time is abundant with images of the Carolina low country and Charleston in particular.

As I was saying, I was feeling nostalgic today. I am building a rock wall around a flower bed in the rear of my house. Since my office windows are right next to the area I am constructing the wall - I figured some Fairweather Johnson would be a perfect soundtrack for artistically arranging rocks. I only listen to music through my computer these days - mostly utilizing my online music service- so the tunes flow nicely through the open office windows right into my backyard. Doesn't that sound like a pleasant afternoon ? Yeah, I thought so too until Hootie & The Blowfish f*cked it all up for me.......

I have to confess, making a low rock wall look like it's been there for all eternity is difficult and time consuming.

Anywho, back to Hootie. You can only listen to Hootie & Co on my online music service if you purchase the album, otherwise it's only 30 second samples of the songs ! WTF ! Led Zepplin has the same shtick on my online music service...but c'mon, they're LED FREAKING ZEPPLIN !
You're HOOTIE AND THE FREAKING BLOWFISH ! One of these things is most definitely not like the other. It seems like they are fond of a theme as you cannot find any of their videos on YouTube either.
I think Darius Rucker needs knocked down a few pegs. One BK commercial and he thinks he's the shit.

It's totally beside the point that I already own Fairweather Johnson ( could be a nice alternative name for men with intermittent ED, huh ? ) on a CD. No. That is not the point here. I could always scavenge one of the three yet-to-be-unpacked boxes, find it and pop it into my hard drive and " call it a day " as my pal Mumbles Mile is so fond of saying. But scavenging for it would require effort that I am not willing to expend. I have to save my energy for building a rock wall and making it look haphazard on purpose - which I've already explained is both time consuming and difficult.

So Hootie and I are breaking up. That's it. We are so through. Turning my back and giving them the hand. THAT. IS. IT ! Don't think you're gonna win be back either Hootie, what with you're genteel southern charms and all. I can see right through you, you petty, money grubbing whores.
I'll just have to go back to DMB. At least they know how to treat a lady.

Xooo
Bunny

3 comments:

MMASOOGA said...

ouch!"where is the loovvee?"

MMASOOGA said...

ouch!"where is the loovvee?"

MMASOOGA said...

p.s. Love the tag line!!!