12 September 2009

Falling Off The Wagon.

So lately I've decided that I should make an attempt to eat a bit better. I've chronicled on this very blog about my numerous dietary indiscretions and general poorness of my food and beverage habits.

What brings this on you're wondering ??

I had an epiphany yesterday that perhaps my food choices are too taxing on my GI system and like a hot water heater.....( which is an oxymoron.....do you need to heat water that's already hot ?? It's really kind of an existential question...like what does one hand clapping sound like ? ) it needed to be flushed out.

I began my dietary rehab in earnest yesterday with........a small head of raw broccoli. Followed with two carrots and an apple. And green tea.

I'm sure you can all guess that by the time I got to Stop & Shop later that afternoon I was craving me some bad carbs, and not just any bad carbs.......I'm talking bad as in I-just-got-sent-to-juvy bad carbs.

I bought a double chocolate muffin out of the bakery case and ate the top half of it while driving to my friend Chris's house.

Can you say Glutton ??

I realize it's mighty difficult to change such ingrained habits on a dime - so I forgave myself of this muffin misdeed and told my myself that I'd begin anew tomorrow.

I decided that I needed a little inspiration for " Diet Rehab " and went grocery shopping at WFM early this morning.

I have to say, I did look like the biggest hot mess in the world at WFM this morning....but the folks there, both employees and fellow customers, are so embracing and accepting.....God, WFM is almost like a cult, isn't it ???
At any rate, I didn't feel at all like a hot mess due to their abundance of acceptance and overall hospitable-ness.....

Day two of " Diet Rehab " went much better for me. Although The Mister did express to me that I was a bit crankier than usual.

Fast forward to 4:30 this afternoon to The Mister and I in line at CVS. I guess he had spied me spying the display of juvy-bad 99 cent candy with a certain amount of longing in my eyes.
This resulted in him throwing a bag of sour bright crawlers at me.

I ate half the bag on the 2.5 mile ride home.

Remember THIS POST ??

Turns out that after a consuming a half bag of sour bright crawlers Wham ! can really facilitate one getting ones groove on. It was like Showtime At The Apollo around here for about forty five minutes.

In summation, I guess consuming a half bag of SBC in less than five minutes isn't like falling off the wagon....it's more like belly flopping off the wagon.

I'm going to crawl my fat ass back up on the wagon tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

XO
Bunny

No comments: