15 September 2009

Life On Planet Bunny.

Today I was pleasantly surprised to find out that His Holiness The Dalai Lama is on Twitter. Yeah, I know. Surreal, right ?? Certainly stranger things have happened, you know......stuff like THIS.
At any rate, I was expressing to some of my coworkers that I had stumbled across HHTDL via Russell Simmons's Twitter feed.
My coworkers and I are largely high-minded liberal peace and love types...so we're all pretty much down with The Dalai. I knew they'd appreciate to-the-second tweets from HHTDL so I who was I to keep this info all to myself ??

The reactions I got to informing my high-minded, etc, etc coworkers about HHTDL on Twitter were all pretty much the same. They all went a little something like this;

Me: Did you know the Dalai Lama is on Twitter ?

Random Coworker: No, but that's really cool. I'll have to check that out.

Me: Yeah, I found him through Russell Simmons's Twitter feed.

Random Coworker: ** blank stare **

Me: I found him through Russell Simmons's Twitter feed.

RC: ** continued blank stare with the occasional eye bat **

Me: ( heavy, exaggerated sigh ) Do you know who Russell Simmons is ?

RC: No.

Me: ( half volume faux scream ) WHY AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO KNOWS WHO RUSSELL SIMMONS IS !!?? I FEEL LIKE I LIVE ON MY OWN PLANET !!!!!!

My alienation was only further exacerbated later in the day by my cousin who professed to know who Russell Simmons is. He went on to tell me that, in fact, Russell Simmons was in Run D.M.C.
So then I was all like....NO ! NO HE WAS NOT !
And he was all like YEAH HUH !!
And then I was all YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT SO SHUT UP !
And he was all like YOU ARE NOT COOL !
And I went all three snaps in a Z formation on him and pulled up the interwebs on my cell phone to prove my point that SEE !! RUSSELL SIMMONS WAS NOT IN RUN DMC !!!
So then he was all like WHATEVER and walked away from me.

:::::sigh::::::

My friend Zen Darrell has found an all natural method for keeping squirrels out of his house and attic that does not involve harsh chemicals or killing them.
He's been peeing around the perimeter of his house, marking his territory so to speak.
He's also been removing the " clumped " bits from his cat's litter box and crumpling them all around the back of his property line.
He's not seen a squirrel in a week.
Just wanted to pass that info along to all of you. He did tell me that I could share that with y'all.

Listen, it's not me peeing on my house so don't give me that look, ok ??

::::::sigh:::::::

I had another run in with the worms Sunday night. The Mister expressed that, at that point, he understood what it was like to be blissfully wed to a nine year-old with a crack habit.
Sunday night's run-in did not involve Wham ! but a certain white rapper did play a lead role in what I should start calling my one-woman performance art pieces.

:::::::sigh::::::::::

Patrick Swayze died yesterday. Heaven just got a little funnier if you ask me. RIP Johnny Castle.

:::::::::sigh::::::::::

My sweet Emmsie turned 16 yesterday......perhaps it is time for that AARP card after all.
More on that on this week's RMF.


So, I guess that's it. I hope everyone has a good night.

This post has been brought to you by Three Olives vodka and WFM 365 brand OJ with calcium.
See.....I said I was trying to make better food and beverage choices......WITH CALCIUM !!!


XXOO
Bunny

No comments: