08 September 2009

Please Start Your Prayer Chains Now.

So it seems our beloved Gateway ( THIS ONE ) is on life support. As I'm writing this our PC could crap out and DIE at any moment. At least that's what the kid at Best Buy said. I'm living fast and loose even turning it on, but hey, I love you guys so much that I'm willing to risk it.

Come to think of it.....would you want some 50-something baby boomer looking at your beloved PC ? No. You want the seemingly shiftless twenty something who beat Mortal Combat when he was 11 ripping the cover off it while wielding a screwdriver. Gives me an odd sense of inner peace.

But I digress.

You remember when I blogged about the combination of words that I never thought I'd say.....you know.... the UNICORNS.

Another strange combination of words came out of my mouth earlier this evening at my local Best Buy.
I sashayed myself in there.... (I looked particularly fetching today, I must admit )...and plopped my hard drive up on the Geek Squad counter and as a young gentleman came to my assistance I said......

" I need a Geek. "

Yep.
I. Need. A. Geek.

The Geek ( shamefully I did not catch his name.. ) diagnosed my PC with " a bad graphics card " and then went on to tell me that " you don't have too much longer...."
Which I suppose is sort of like them advising you to call hospice. You know, make your final plans now.
He ( The Geek ) jury rigged it to keep running for the time being. I asked him, between sniffles, how much longer....he said " A week, a month, six months....no way to really tell. "

So, The Mister and I will be backing up our files onto an external hard drive this weekend and start shopping around for a new PC.

And please don't tell me to buy a Mac. I HATE MACS !

Anywho.....F#cking Bill came for a visit this weekend. He seemed to have a good time. And The Mister was SOOOO FREAKIN' HAPPY to see his brother that he drank himself into a stupor on Bushmills and passed out on the porch.

Good Times.

What else ???? Ahhh...I worked in the yard for most of the afternoon yesterday. And.....let's see......I've got a rash. Ummm..... not too much else.

Please pray for my Gateway.

XO
Bunny

No comments: