10 August 2009

F#ckin' Bill. **

So the other night ( after we got home from the wedding we went to ) The Mister and I were lying in bed, it was late and I was trying to drift off to sleep after all the day's excitement.
( I ended up with the Bride's bouquet...yeah, I know. I'm married. Believe me, it's not worth explaining......)

The Mister had the TV tuned to Comedy Central, which was airing a George Lopez stand-up special. I was facing away from the TV, but I could still hear the comedic styling of Mr. Lopez and had myself numerous chuckles.
I had been laughing heartily enough that I decided to turn over and give Mr. Lopez my full attention.

He's really quite funny you know - sort of like the Hispanic Sinbad.

At any rate, he ( George ) went on and on about his friend Ralph. He had related to the audience that his buddy Ralph had, from a very early age, been given the moniker " F#cking Ralph " by his peer group.
He ( George ) mused about how Ralph had become separated from the rest of his peer group at the movie theatre one night and despite many attempts at calling him by his full given name he failed to respond. So they had Ralph paged as " F#cking Ralph ", to which he promptly responded.

After a few more giggles on my part I said to The Mister;

" Gee, you know, we do the same thing with your brother......... F#cking Bill. "

To which he said;

" You know, we do. We ALL do...."

Perhaps the next time we have to necessitate calling Bill over a PA system we should have him paged as " F#cking Bill. ".

Something tells me though, that if we were ever to actually do that to Bill that the moment he made eye contact with us or was within earshot there would be HELL. TO. PAY., which may or may not include a steam of obscenities and multiple, less-than-kind hand gestures.

XOXO
Bunny

** Bill, I'm addressing you directly now....I feel that I should tell you that when we refer to you as " F#cking Bill " we do so with utmost respect and in the most affectionate manner possible.

No comments: