23 August 2009

Mr. & Mrs. Hot Stuff Explained.

My sister got married in the Fall of '07. As tends to happen with weddings, there was a photographer - I don't recall his name right now. For the purpose of this post let's refer to him as " Jimmy ".

Judging by the quality of my sister's wedding pic, Jimmy was / is a competent enough photographer.
However, Jimmy was.....how shall I put this ? A little too much " Mr. Personality " for my liking.

I've noticed over the course of time that I tend to shy away from men with too commanding of a personality. There's something about a guy with too much machismo that bothers me for some reason. There is one guy at work who happens to be loved by all. Except me. I've had a few interactions with this individual that have rubbed me the wrong way. I've come to realize that he's basically a HUGE blowhard - his bark is way worse than his bite.

Anywho....back to Jimmy...he's probably photographed 950,000 weddings. And due to the sheer number of weddings that he's probably witnessed he's probably learned that you don't ( and can't ) learn the names of all of the wedding attendants. So as a professional skill ( coping mechanism ?? ) Jimmy had taken to calling all of the attendants in my sister's wedding " Cutie ".

I suppose " Cutie " is better than " Hey You "....but being called " Cutie " forty dozen times in an afternoon ?? I had to put a stop to it.

Cutie, look over here. Hey Cutie, can you stand next to her. Cutie, turn your shoulders a bit. Cutie we need to sit down a bit in front. Cutie, lay your bouquet in your lap. You, Cutie can you just lean a bit more to the side for me. Cutie, this one is just you and the bride. Cutie, we're gonna get the girls with the groom now. Hey Cutie, can you just stand over here.

I figured a right hook to the jaw was probably a little over the top. I'm way too classy for that.
So I figured I'd wait until the next time he called me " Cutie " to fire my verbal weapon.
I knew it wasn't going to be long........

" Hey Cutie, I need you over here for pictures."

** sound of shot gun being cocked **

I did a snap turn on my crayola crayon purple, gem encrusted ballet flat. Hands slapped to my hips with no regard for my beautiful bouquet. And in the best, un-Mary Poppins voice I said

" You know, I REALLY prefer Hot Stuff. "


I think he was taken aback a bit. He froze for a half second;

" Ok, Hot Stuff it is then. "

From that point on I was " Hot Stuff " and all the other gals were " Cutie ".

I know, I know, I'm getting to the Mr. & Mrs. part....

Later in the evening I wanted to get a picture of The Mister and I in our wedding finest. I found Jimmy and requested said picture.

Jimmy said " Sure" so I trotted off to find The Mister.

Truthfully, at this point, after putting an abrupt stop to his "Cutie " routine he would have given me anything I asked for, most likely out of sheer fright.

Looking back I should have made a play for all the money in his wallet. But you know what they say, Hindsight is 20/20.

Anyway, I found The Mister and dragged him back to where I'd left Jimmy. I walked up to Jimmy and said;

" This is Mr. Hot Stuff. "

So there you have it. Mr & Mrs. Hot Stuff, explained.

XOXO
Bunny


P.S. Am I the only person who gets a cold in August ?


No comments: