03 August 2009

Dawn Comes To Marblehead.

This weekend The Mister and I were puttering around the house, tidying up and whatnot.....
We were listening to the radio whilst doing so and the song Lola by The Kinks came on.

I didn't think much of it since it was probably the 999,963rd time I've heard it in my life.
I don't really know how many times The Mister has heard this song. I guess not quite as many as myself........mid-putter he stopped and asked the following;

" Hey, is this song........is this song about a Tranny ? "

I had no witty retort to that question. I affirmed that in fact, yes, " Lola " is about a Tranny and went on about my business.

In a somewhat related story; The Mister was 19 before he found out that his " Aunt S" was really biologically related to him. He had been under the impression, for the whole of his 19 years, that " Aunt S " had belonged to the neighbors and that his Grandmother had adopted her.

I should share with you that when The Mister's mother realized that he had believed that " Aunt S " was adopted she laughed her butt off. As did " Aunt S " when the story was related to her.

I guess you could say that although I'm more chronically, dripping faucet " dim bulb on the circuit " - the Mister tends to drop carpet bombs of dim bulb-ness.


XO
Bunny


No comments: