07 August 2009

Retro Music Friday - My Violent Thud Onto Terra Firma.

Hey.....Y'all remember me telling you about my " older " client ? Should you need to refresh your collective memories please click HERE and HERE.

So I happened to be at her apartment yesterday, you know, vacuuming smashed potato chips out of the carpet for the 49,993rd time this year. ( despite the number of times I've oh-so-nicely asked her to try to eat her preferred brand of chips a bit more daintily she continues to tear into those shiny, yellow bags like a stray dog prowling the streets on the night before trash day. ) She never " asks " me to vacuum up the chips.......she shakes her little, arthritic, elderly finger at me and tells me I've got some cleaning to do........ Which I usually follow up with telling her that if she weren't such a slob I wouldn't have so much cleaning to do. To which she tells me that 1) she can't help it and 2) she's too old to give a rat's ass about cleanliness anymore.

I realize that all this seems like it's pretty harsh, but I can assure all of you that it's really quite comical.

I also fixed up her hair and slapped a clean shirt on her before dinner among other things yesterday. At one point I had my back turned to her and she gave me a compliments of sorts;

" Gee Hon, you look really skinny from the back. "

Translation: Your ass isn't so fat anymore.

( I've lost a significant amount of weight.....)

I turned to thank her for her kind words but before I could utter anything she jumped in with the following statement.

" It's just too bad about your face......"

( had some issues with clogged pores lately. )

As I stood there with my mouth agape, at a loss to verbalize on the moment, she began to giggle uncontrollably.

I then closed my mouth and proceeded to gather up all her dirty laundry.

You know, I find these little moments humbling. Mostly between slams of forehead into the nearest wall.

Not sure if any of you've heard, but John Hughes passed away yesterday morning. Please enjoy this little montage of his fine films.

I think my favorite John Hughes moment is Anthony Micheal Hall sitting in the ghetto bar, bombed out of his gourd, in Weird Science. Which sadly I am unable to find a video of at this time.

And yours ????

XOOOO

Bunny

No comments: