21 August 2009

Retro Music Friday - A Two Part'er.

Ok so I woke up Wednesday morning feeling like there was something in my eye. So as I lay half awake in the wee dawn hours I rubbed my eye in an attempt to get whatever it was out of my eye. I rubbed and rubbed and rubbed to no avail. My eye still didn't feel quite right.

I stumbled out of bed and made my way to the bathroom to take a look-see in the mirror.

To my horror I discovered that I resembled Rocky Balboa.


By this time The Mister was also up and upon viewing me doing my very best , albeit unintentional and involuntary, impression of The Italian Stallion he said;

" Jeez Babe...you might.......ahhhhh....wanna get that looked at today. Eww.. "

Here is the theme to Rocky.


The movie Rocky was released in 1976, the same year as me. Sly Stallone was only 30 when he portrayed Rocky Balboa. Rocky won an Oscar for best picture.

At any rate, I called into work and let my boss know not to expect me that day.

I trotted myself off to the Dr. mid-morning. This is what ensued during that visit;

Dr: What seems to be the problem today ?

Me: Ummm...my eye.

Dr: Oh my goodness yes, would you look at that. ** steps closer ** Hmmm. ** reaches up to poke me in the eye ** Does that hurt ?

Me: Well no. Not really.

Dr: ** pokes me in the eye again ** How 'bout now ?

Me: No.

Dr: ** pulls my eyelid off my eyeball ** Does that hurt ?

Me: No. I mean, it's uncomfortable because it's swollen, but it doesn't really hurt.

Dr: ** pushes my entire eyelid toward the bridge of my nose ** That doesn't hurt ?

Me: No.

Dr: ** takes a step back and rubs chin ala Sherlock Holmes ** Hmmmm..... well, I think it's a sty. But stys are painful and you don't seem to be in any pain. But it could be an allergy of some sort. ** steps closer and peels my eye lid off my eyeball again ** It doesn't seem to be weeping or have any discharge, so that's good. It might me a bacterial infection. But I'm pretty sure it's just a sty.

So I left the Dr with a three step program for what is most likely a sty. Or an allergy. Or perhaps a bacterial infection.

I seem to be much better as of today. My eye is no longer swollen.

Here's Doctor My Eyes by Jackson Browne. This was on Jackson Browne's debut album, released in 1972.


Enjoy them both.

Oh hey, guess what ? I spoke to the assisted living facility's director yesterday ( strictly off the record ) and lo and behold, they don't want to lose my older client over 3K either ! Btw, I was soooo not supposed to speak to them regarding finances. Can you say " Hot Water " ? But since when have I not broken the rules to suit my own needs ? Anywho, the director told me that we could certainly work something out and she's get back to me.

Little ol' me could accomplish what a conference room full of government hacks could not.

G'head and say it..... I Kick Ass !

XOXO

Bunny

No comments: