13 June 2008

Retro Music Friday.

This is my favorite U2 song. Last night I was trying to explain to Brock why this is my favorite U2 song. If you listen to it very carefully you realized that...

A) It is a very complex song, technically speaking. It took them a long time to get this song just right and it was almost scrapped all together.

And

B) There is something very.....cleansing..about this song. If you're having a crappy day and play this song somehow it makes you feel better.

This song was on The Joshua Tree - which was released in 1987. I was 11 and in the 6th grade. In an odd coincidence, my cousin Nate was also " released " in 1987 as he turned 21 yesterday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATE ! Although I have to say, the fact that my baby cousin Nate is 21 makes me feel REALLY FREAKING OLD ! I used to change his diapers for Pete's sake !

If you've not listened to The Joshua Tree in a while do yourself a favor and bust it out. You won't be disappointed.

Achtung, Baby is also a killer CD - check that one out too.

I feel I should include Brock's favorite U2 song HERE. It's on his iPod.

I hope Brock and I can have deep, meaningful discussions about our favorite U2 songs after a kid shows up - whenever that is.........

More random U2 thoughts........

I had to have a root canal a while back and while root canals aren't generally considered pleasant experiences the Dr. doing the work played Achtung, Baby in it's entirety during my visit. Somehow it made the experience a little bit more tolerable - that and the shitloads of Novocaine he gave me. Seriously people - I got waaaayyy more Novocaine that most people. My whole head was numb for about eight hours.

When I was in High School I used to work at the old Foxboro stadium selling beer during concerts and the odd soccer game. The best part of that particular job was that the beer stand I worked at was on the floor of the stadium facing the stage. I happened to be so lucky as to see many a band soundcheck. I saw U2 soundcheck while they were out on their ZooTV tour and well...I waved at Bono and he waved back at me.

The Dali Lama has also waved at me......another story for another day.

Happy Friday Everyone !

XO

Bunny

No comments: