23 June 2008

RIP George - You Foul-Mouthed S.O.B

*WARNING - NOT FOR THE EASILY OFFENDED ! *

I was totally bummed to hear that George Carlin passed away yesterday. Brock and I saw George live last summer and we could tell that he was getting on in years. The cadence and rhythm with which he told jokes was a little off - a little slower than we thought he'd been from seeing his previous HBO specials. I thought that perhaps he was not on his game since he had just come from rehab, but having a heart condition can do a real number on a person - as George apparently had.

I saw George Carlin live when I was 18 and I have to say, I laughed so hard my sides hurt when I left. During this particular show - toward the end of the show - he unrolled a scroll of paper that must have been about 25 feet long from off of which he read at least 250 euphemisms for male masturbation. Some of which I use to this day. Namely, " Shaking hands with the unemployed " and "Patting the Robertson "

One time I was discussing male masturbation with my mother and I had used the euphemism " Choking the Chicken " and my mother thought I was talking about an actual chicken. She said " Ooooh, poor chicken ! "

My sister and I may not have too much in common, or talk much for that matter, but this sends us into hysterics every time.

So - please have a laugh on George - I'm sure he'd like that.

Xoooo

Bummed Out Bunny

No comments: