17 October 2008

Retro Music Friday.



Freak Out ? Me ?

Ok, yes. I'm FREAKING OUT over here.
We close on our house two weeks from today.
I could very well lose my mind ( or what is left of it ) before then.

You might just find me sitting in the middle of my living room floor ( which is stacked to the ceiling with boxes, btw), rocking back and forth, blathering incoherently and maybe, just maybe, drooling a little bit too.

I had a little bit of a meltdown on Buffy the other day. She did her best, in the most soothing former beauty queen voice she could muster, to tell be to knock it the fuck off.

Why the freaking out you ask ?
I'm deathly afraid that it will all fall apart.
That for some reason we will not close on this house.
That I will be sitting here, two weeks from now, blogging about how I now have to unpack all of these boxes.

The little part of me that can occasionally be rational knows that it will all be OK.
But really, I don't think I'll be totally OK until they hand me the keys at the close.

So, if between now and then any of you see and/or talk to me and I appear to be losing my mind, just smack me around like a red-headed stepchild.
I will thank you for it eventually.

This is Le Freak by Chic. I believe this song was from 1978. I was two.

Xoooo

Bunny

















No comments: