22 October 2008

Offer Me Solutions, Offer Me Alternatives, And I Decline.

Let's all take a deep cleansing breath.

In through the nose and out through the mouth.

Ok, one more time.

In through the nose and out through the mouth.

There.....everyone feeling better now ?

Feeling more centered now ?

No ?

Ok, let us all watch an REM video.


Have I told you guys that I love REM ? Not recently ? OK, well I guess we won't go into now.


Anyone remember The Sheetcake Incident ? Yes, well if I had to write a book about my job this chapter would be called " Return Of The Sheet Cake. My Clients Strike Back "

My two clients ( one of whom I am only owning temporarily ) were bound and determined to get another fucking full fucking sheet cake for 15 people. I had this discussion with both of them two weeks ago about how a FULL FUCKING SHEET CAKE was way too much cake for 15 people. I ordered a lovely 1/4 sheet cake with them TWO WEEKS AGO.

Problem solved.

Or so I thought.

I went into their apartment today and what to my wondering eyes should appear.....A FULL SHEET CAKE !

I could not believe my eyes. I thought I was going to have a full on stroke right there on the kitchen floor.

It gets better ( doesn't it always ? ), the cake had been sitting out in their kitchen since last Saturday.

Oh yeah - so it's gonna be good and skanky by this Saturday.

(I could give a rat's ass....I'm not gonna be the one eating that cake. )

What to do you ask ?

Nothing.

I give up.

I threw my hands in the air and gave them the big 'ol Whatever.

I think Darrell would call this surrender. I call it picking my battles.

Oh yeah, and my boss and I met with another one of my clients this afternoon and, in the span of one hour, I heard every curse word I knew and some I didn't. Which sort of impressed me, 'cause you know I consider myself pretty a cosmopolitan gal well versed in the art of cursing.

Then when I got home I ran into Al in the driveway who asked me if he could come by and show the apartment in the next 15 minutes. I could barely eek out a response as my head was still spinning from the curse-fest of the last hour.

And...and I got hit on at Dunkin Donuts this morning. I'm not kidding. Homeboy was damn lucky that it was only 9AM and it was still too early for me to be pissed off with the world yet.

Thanks for letting me vent. I needed that.

For being so understanding please enjoy this laugh on me. Brock and I were rolling watching this.


Say Hi to your Mother for me.

Xo

Bunny

No comments: