29 October 2009

In Regard To The Unfunny Shit My Dad Says.

My Dad always had, and still has now that I think about it, this saying that he uses quite frequently.

Wanna hear it ??

I knew ya did !

Here goes;

This is verbatim, btw......

" DAMN IT, DON'T GO CRAZY ! "


This phrase has multiple applications. He mostly uses it in situations where there is the potential for any type of excessive behavior. I seem to recall him using it most in situations where food was involved.
For example, say if....my Mom happened to be working late one night and my Dad had decided to take my sister and I out for pizza " DAMN IT, DON'T GO CRAZY ! " might be used if we ( my sister and I ) perhaps expressed an interest in a pizza with pepperoni AND mushrooms.
See, the pepperoni was ok....but add the " AND mushrooms " part and the world might shift position on its axis.
Ice cream ? A cup of vanilla is ok. A bit of hot fudge on top ? You're still in the clear... Whipped cream ? The situation's getting iffy. Chopped nuts ? STOP RIGHT THERE MISSY !
See, 'cause chopped nuts = anarchy.

He's got other much used phrases, but today we're just going to cover " DAMN IT, DON'T GO CRAZY ! "

:::::Sigh::::::

My Dad is a Leo. Leos are, for all intents and purposes, Vanilla. There shall be no excess of any sort, at least not when they're in the room. The other thing about Leos....they are pathologically unable to Shut Up. It's true. No really, I'm serious.
My Dad will get going on a subject and there is just no stopping him. Just when your eyes begin to glaze over and wonder how much longer they're ( any leo ) going to go on, they stop talking. And you may think to yourself " Thank God that's over ! ", but then you realize that they're just stopping to take a breath and then they're all like " Where was I ? " and the dissertation starts right back up again.

I dare ya, dear Internet, go find a Leo. They.Never.Stop.Talking.

Speaking of " Going Crazy "...as I am sitting here writing this I am drinking Diet Dr. Pepper with Vodka and eating cold mashed potatoes.

Does that constitute " Going Crazy " ??

Eh, probably not.

Oh well, have a good night !

XOOXO
Bunny

P.S. I'm still trying to figure out what happened to Jody Watley. Oh yeah, and Jon Knight ? Yep, you guessed it.....STILL HOT.

No comments: