20 October 2009

The Untitled Post.

Remember my cousin Nate from a few posts ago ? I saw Nate today.....he's well, thanks for asking. Anyway, I saw Nate today. He sat down across from me at Papa Gino's and said;

" Guess what Aaron did ? " ( Aaron is Nate's younger brother..)

As I am very familiar with Aaron and his many eccentricities and idiosyncrasies I stared blankly at Nate for a few minutes. The wheels of my brain spun into overdrive as I attempted to guess what is was that Aaron did. I really had no idea. I could not even begin to make an attempt to make the slightest guess as to what it was that he had done.

For those not familiar, Aaron is one of my 1st cousins. He is a genius. I do not use that term lightly. He really is a genius. He left HS after his junior year to attend college. He studies AstroPhysics in the HONORS program at UMass. I'll write that again.....he studies ASTROPHYSICS in the HONORS PROGRAM.
His internship this summer was helping a professor at CalTech disprove one of Einstein's theories of whatever it was that Einstein had theories about.
He made himself an apparatus that launches produce ( potatoes, apples, what have you...) the length of two football fields.
Genius I tell ya.

At any rate, it was in that instant that I could no longer hold onto the hope that I was adopted and that my real parents ( with YACHTS ! and BUTLERS ! ) would be coming to claim me at any minute.

I share way too much DNA with these people.

'Cause when I say " Guess what happened to me ? " it is the same thing as when others say " Guess what Aaron did ? ". The answer to either question is usually....well......something that causes the listener to question their sense of reality.

Aaron had, from what I could gather, felt lonely at UMass. The days are getting shorter, he spends the majority of his time studying ASTROPHYSICS in the HONORS program. I can totally understand his perceived loneliness.

Where as most of us ( except for myself and Aaron...) would have sought out a social activity, or and/or perhaps seek out a SO Aaron chose to.........

drumroll please...................................

Purchase himself two ferrets.

He named them Bonnie & Clyde.

Yep....ferrets.

Sounds like something I'd do, huh ?

I would have named them George & Wheezy though.


XOXO
Bunny






No comments: