25 November 2007

Tales From Turkey Day.

On Thursday - while the turkey was in the oven and before the potatoes needed to be peeled - I played / watched Guitar Hero with Emmsie.

Emma, despite all appearances to the contrary, enjoys spending time with me. Although most times it is only on her terms. 'Cause you know, heaven forbid she appear to be the least bit uncool doing anything I want to do.
I told her I would only watch her play Guitar Hero if she let me pick the songs and we had a deal.

First I picked Crazy On You by Heart. She did really well on that one and in doing so she got to write her name on the bathroom wall. Yeah, if you play a song really well then you get to graffiti your name next to a urinal. And to think I only got to play Super Mario Bros. when I was a kid. How did I ever manage ?

Then we moved onto Sweet Child O' Mine - which I proceeded to sing in a really exaggerated, high pitched voice.

Then I wanted Emmsie to play Paradise City, but unfortunately that was not an option. Emma had no knowledge of Paradise City by GNR. Then she said " Ok Erica, you're like, old, ok. And I really don't know these old songs. So can we like, pick something else ? "
I shouldn't be too surprised, Emmsie's brother Nate likes to remind me constantly that " it's not 1995 anymore and you're just not at cool as you think you are..."

Moving on....I picked Message in a bottle by The Police. She again played really well and again got to write her name on the bathroom wall.
You go Emma !


The turkey was awesome, and I got many, many compliments on my pecan pie. And I even managed to squeeze in a nap.
All in all a very good day.

And you guys ?


XO
Bunny

No comments: