01 December 2007

And The Mystery Illness Is........

Drum roll please........


Reactive Hypoglycemia.
( Don't worry, it's not fatal. )

Basically, my body carries way too much insulin in it. And because I have too much insulin it keeps depressing my glucose level.
When I eat anything (especially things with a lot of sugar) the already too high insulin level kicks in and goes even higher, in turn making my glucose level plummet. So then I have no glucose and crap loads of insulin still hanging around and that is when I feel dizzy, lightheaded, etc.

The Mister and I spent about an hour at the Joslin Diabetes center in Boston yesterday.
They sent in a woman to start the paperwork and do some blood work on me and on the way out she warned us that the Dr. was quite a joker.
She was not kidding.
He was like Andy Rooney on uppers. We were in hysterics almost the entire time we were in there.

The cure is really easy.

1. Get thy fat ass to the gym and put on some muscle ! Building muscle will use up a lot of the excess insulin.
and
2. Watch your sugar and carbs ! I've been living on beef jerky, almonds and Vitamin Water for weeks. I'm going to have to investigate some other options 'cause this is getting a bit boring.

Toward the end of our visit the Dr. told me that my metabolism was wound way too tight.
Brock thought this was the funniest thing he'd heard all year.

Speaking of The Mister, he's out for his weekly " big run " this morning. 18 miles. It's 28 degrees out and the wind it howling......I made him take his cell with him in case he needs me to go pick him up off the side of the road.

Have a good day and stay warm !

XO
Bunny

No comments: