30 December 2007

Random Vacation Thoughts.

I've been on vacation since December 21st. I was contemplating not taking the full amount of time that I had requested off, I mean, its not like I had anything really important to do. Then December 20th rolled around.....and after getting into a verbal confrontation with a plow driver ( oh yes I did ) I decided that I really needed to just go home and not leave my house for about 10 days. My nerves were totally shot. I seriously needed a vacation. I fully embraced by vacation status...so much so that after about day four of being on vacation Brock referred to me as " Sweat Pants Sally ".
I've straightened up since then and have been wearing pants that actually zipper and button.
But there were a few days there when I did not put on makeup before leaving the house...scandalous I know.


And as I have been on vacation I've had some time to let my very busy mind do some wandering......buckle your collective seatbelts people.


This is for my friends at Stop & Shop.
The store nearest my house has chosen not
to carry Tofutti cream cheese or sour cream anymore.
Jerks.


I guess there is a reason that the nice folks at
Whole Foods Market continue to be my BFFs.
Tofutti cream cheese.....check
Tofutti sour cream......check
Rice cheese slices....check


and peel me up off the floor.....

Soy whipped cream in a can !
God, I love WFM !


Speaking of BFFs...my BFFs at Target sent me coupons for products that I regularly buy. Awesome ! But that got me to thinking.......how do my BFFs at Target know exactly what I buy ? Then I was a little paranoid. If it is just that easy for Target to know what I buy how hard could it be for the Feds to bug my phone ? Makes you think, huh ?



Speaking of the mail.... I hate junk mail. It is the bane of my existence. I want to leave a little letter taped to the door asking the letter carrier not to even leave it in my mailbox. When I voice my frustration to Brock about this he tells me that it is a fact of life that I simply must deal with. I refuse to accept this. I will find a way to rid myself of junk mail.



In a somewhat related story.......when my Aunt and Uncle moved to the house they live in now they had to change their phone number. They asked for an unlisted phone number. Turns out they got a recycled number that had previously belonged to a woman who lived in town. Unfortunately the woman who had the number before still gave it out as her number. People were calling my Aunt and Uncle night and day asking for this woman. Then one day my Aunt, clearly fed up by this point, told the person on the other end of the phone that said woman was dead. The guy freaked out. Nobody ever called asking for the woman ever again.

Perhaps I should trot off to the post office and tell them I am deceased....nah....bad karma.



I've become addicted to online jigsaw puzzles. Molly told me that I've hit all new levels of dork-dom. Thanks Molls...I love you too.


I don't know about you, but I've had about all I can take with the post Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa furniture store sale commercials. Can someone please tell me what an occasional table is ? It's occasionally a table and occastionally not a table ? Is it furniture with an identity crisis ?

I'm not sure how it is where you live..but here is Massachusetts everyone that owns/operates/does commericals for furniture stores are look like they were rejected as extras from Star Wars. For example..here,here and here.

I've been cooking up a storm this week. I've made enough Christmas cookies to feed a 3rd world country. I've also made my own homemade granola...twice. And I made this for dinner tonight. And it was good.

Thats all I have for now.

I hope all of you have a very happy new year !


XO
Bunny.

























No comments: