04 December 2007

Where Are My Real Parents And When Are They Coming To Get Me ?

Some years ago I learned that when my mother asks me what I'd like for Christmas it is best to respond with either
" I don't know." or " I don't care. "
This was my hard and fast rule for a long time, and it usually resulted in me receiving plain old cash for Christmas ( great ! ).
And this rule only applied to my mother as, by and large, the only person my dad Christmas shops for is my mother.

This was a very long, hard lesson for me to learn. Because for a long time when asked this simple, direct question by my mother I would think long and hard about what I wanted and tell her.
And I always wound up with either the complete and total opposite of what I asked for or something my mother seemed to think at the time that I desperately needed.

Isn't repeating the same sequence of actions and expecting a different outcome everytime the clinical definition of insanity ?

Last week she started in again with asking me what I'd like for Christmas. And instead of sticking to my usual answers I ( very foolishly ) told her I'd like a towel warmer** from Brookstone.
This was her answer....

" Sigh.....you always ask for the queerest shit for Christmas...."

So it remains to be seen if I will actually receive said towel warmer for Christmas.
Stay tuned.

XO
Bunny

** Last Christmas I asked for ( and got ) my heated mattress pad. When I told Brock that I was interested in the towel warmer he said " You're all about the warmth, aren't you ? "

No comments: