14 March 2008

Retro Music Friday - El Jefe.




I had sort of a dual inspiration for this week's song. I went to spin class last night and this was the last song the instructor played before cool down. And then I was online yesterday and I came across this story from an Australian news service;


A WOMAN stabbed her de facto husband to death after he stopped her playing her favourite Bruce Springsteen CD.Karen Lee Cooper told arresting police: "I couldn't even play Bruce Springsteen on my stereo - can you believe that? Can you believe that?" She later again told police: "I mean, who doesn't like Bruce Springsteen?" "I'm 49 years old and I want to play my own music." In the Supreme Court in Brisbane today, Cooper, 50, was jailed for eight years. She pleaded guilty to the manslaughter of Kevin Lee Watson on July 8, 2006. She was originally charged with murder but the Crown accepted a manslaughter plea on the basis she had no intention to kill. The court heard Cooper stabbed Watson through the aorta after they had been drinking at their Cedar Grove home, south of Brisbane.

I guess the moral of the story is that you shouldn't mess with a gal's CDs.

At any rate, this song kicks ass. It is one of those rare songs that you can't help but crank the volume and sing along. I hope you all enjoy it.

XO

Bunny

No comments: