24 March 2008

Should Be A National Holiday....

Does anyone know what tomorrow happens to be ? Anyone ? Anyone ?

Why it's RED SOX OPENING DAY ! Tomorrow our beloved Sox open the season in Japan against the Oakland A's of Los Angeles, er...Anaheim....ahh...The Oakland A's of Anaheim in Los Angeles city...er..state ? Ok, let's just call them the A's.

And since they are opening the season in Japan the game will be broadcast on NESN at 6AM. Meaning that I'll be able to watch my beloved Sox while I'm eating my oh-so-good-for-me Muesli cereal straight from the English hillside. I think it'll be a pleasant change from my regular BBQ and vodka induced coma on my couch at 7PM game nights.

Seeing as how tomorrow is opening day I hope you all enjoy this skit from Major League. I really wanted to find the skit from Bull Durham where Kevin Costner and Tim Robbins are in back of the bar and KC punches TR in the nose....but alas, that skit was not on YouTube.

I have fond memories of Major League as it is the first movie I was allowed to see in the theatre without my parents.



I think Charlie Sheen is was right in the middle of his Heidi Fleiss days at the time he made this movie.

I was discussing opening day with my coworker Pat today and we both agreed that the Sox opening day should, at the very least, be a state holiday. I mean, it's a nice idea and I'd love to see it happen, but it's not likely. Although this is Massachusetts and certainly crazier shit has happened here**, so you never know - it might happen one day.

In other news; I'm beginning to think this woman and I were separated at birth. I had almost the exact same experience at my mom's house last week.

Ok, with that I'm going to leave y'all now. I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

XO

Bunny


** If gay marriage happens to come to your state, fear not, it's really not a big deal.

No comments: