28 March 2008

Retro Music Friday. Long Distance Dedication.

This week's RMF is a long distance dedication to Molls & Dickie - two people I don't see near enough**. Molls moved to Revere and Dickie is currently attending law school @ LSU.

I'm not sure if anyone remembers ( according to my sister I remember a lot of crap that nobody else does ) but Casey Kasem, who hosted American Top 40 back in the day, used to have a segment of the show ( Long Distance Dedication ) where he'd read a letter sent in from a listener. Usually the letter would be some big, sappy melodrama about the love of the author's life or their sick friend, or whatever. It would usually end with Casey playing Faithfully by Journey. I have no big, sappy story, just some tunes I thought my friends would enjoy.





My friend Molls loves rap music. Finding retro rap was a trick, but at Molls' request I found a Beastie Boys tune. Also, Molls brought this to my attention. Thanks Molls !





I'm not going to say that Dickie doesn't enjoy rap, however, he is more into metal and classic rock. When we were discussing various inspirations for RMF he suggested White Lion. I really wanted to put White Lion on here this week, I really did. However, I thought that old-school Def Leppard would have more street cred than White Lion. This Def Leppard vid is truly old-school because if you look carefully, all the member are 1) still alive and 2) still have all their limbs. If anyone wants to hear White Lion CLICK HERE.



So that's it. I hope everyone has a great week.

XO

Bunny

** Hey you two, we're have to get together @ the Alamo again soon.

No comments: