07 March 2008

Retro Music Friday Then And Now - 250 POSTS !!!!






Today is my 250th Post ! Seeing as how today is my 250th post I'm going to give you guys a treat....THREE VIDEOS TODAY !!

Anyway, onto business. I was really struggling to find inspiration for Retro Music Friday this week. Usually something will hit me or I'll hear a tune in the car and get my idea for the week. This week I was thinking of bands with retro tunes who are still relevant when the RHCP came to mind. So I went on Youtube and tried to find the perfect video for this week when I came across this week's song. I wasn't sure if a band with retro tunes doing a cover of a retro song was too much. I mean, that's a lot of retro going on, but I figured since it's my blog I can do what I want.

I happen to love this Bee Gees song. It's one of my favorites. Although I think covers of popular songs can be kind of tricky - sometimes they are really great and sometimes they suck and do the original version no justice. This cover I think falls somewhere in the middle.

Remember last week's RMF when I alluded to members of G & R not escaping unscathed from their heyday - fortunately RHCP did manage to escape unscathed as John Frusciante went through the river of shit known as heroin addiction and came out clean on the other side. You can read more about John by clicking on his name. BTW, I found out after the fact that John Frusciante's birthday was this week. Divine inspiration perhaps ?






This is my favorite RHCP song from back in the day. 1992 to be exact - I was a sophomore in High School.

This is my current favorite RHCP song. In fact I liked it so much I made it my ring tone on my phone. I totally dig Flea's baseline here. And doesn't the drummer Chad Smith look a little like Will Ferrell ?

XO

Bunny

No comments: