31 March 2008

Crap.


I just got an email from Wide Horizons stating that this month's referrals will only cover January 5th through January 9th 2006.
Five.
Stinking.
Days.

Yuck !

I was really hoping for at least a one week batch - or perhaps 10 whole days. But I knew that 10 days would really be pushing it.
Our agency has a group with a Log In Date of January 10, 2006 and unfortunately they are not included in this months referrals.
I do not know these people, however, my heart breaks for them. I know that if I were them and I were thisclose to getting a referral and then had to wait one more month I would be devastated. Like I'm-not-going-to-work-tomorrow-but-instead-will-lay-in-bed-all-day devastated.

I'm beginning to think that a late spring / early summer 2010 referral will be out of the question for us. If the CCAA keeps a steady 5 day per month referral pace we'll not see a referral for about 60 more months.......that's five years.
At which point we'll both be 37 at time of referral and over 40 with a child in kindergarten.

I've hear various rumors that things will speed up after the summer Olympics. I've also heard that a lot of provinces have raised the " donation " from $3500 to $5000, the idea being that they'd have more incentive to get babies paper ready for matching.
What the real truth is- who really knows.
The only thing that I know to be 100 % true is that there is nothing either one of us can do about it.

In for the long haul.
XO
Bunny


No comments: