17 September 2007

If They Made A Movie About My Life I Would Want Sally Field To Play Me.

As many of you may or may not know The Mister and I really don't do the dairy thing in our house. I realized a few years ago that dairy and I do not mix very well. I detoxed off dairy and have been OK since then. After doing some research about dairy allergies I found out some very icky info about dairy. If you're curious about it you can click here. But I'm warning you, you may never eat ice cream again.

The Mister has gone along with my dairy strike and has mostly dairy detoxed himself. Although occasionally he gets a little crazy and gets himself a pint of Ben & Jerry's. I warn him about " the fallout " from reintroducing dairy after so long without it, but unfortunately my warnings sometimes fall on deaf ears.
Lately he has been all about the Fage Greek Yogurt 0%. He claims that it is a natural cleanser.



Living life dairy free is not easy. I have a hell of a time in restaurants. Everything has butter on it. Everything. If you ask for something without cheese...well, lets just say I'll never live in Wisconsin. The entire world is geared toward dairy.
The next time you're in the store check the labels of the food you buy and you'll see what I'm talking about.



Needless to say I am always very happy and delightfully surprised when I find non-dairy alternatives. I've found tofu cream cheese, sour cream and ice cream. I've also found soy spray whipped cream in a can !
( of course the only place to get these things is Whole Foods Market )
Imagine my surprise when I found what I thought was Whole Foods Brand tofu ravioli ! Oh Happy Day !
I promptly bought a bag and put it in my freezer for another day.
That other day happened to be today. And could you further imagine my surprise when I read the ingredients on the bag of the ravioli bag only to find that in fact yes, there was tofu in the ravioli, along with three different kinds of plain old cheese !
CRAP ! I had to rethink my whole dinner plan.

Whole Foods Market Bastards !



XO
Norma Rae

No comments: