28 September 2007

If You Got The Money Honey We Got Your Disease.

I had the day from hell yesterday. The suck factor was at 11, seriously.
I had a eleventy billion things to do and absolutely no time to do them in.
Not the least of which was doing a housing voucher re-cert in ONE DAY ! ONE STINKING DAY PEOPLE !!!!! Normally one gets oh, about 3 months or so to get this done.
For reasons I will not begin to summarize, I had only ONE DAY to get THREE MONTHS worth of paperwork done.
Don't worry though, I got it done. It was no small miracle, let me tell you.

Murphy's Law definitely in effect because if I had to be someplace IN A HURRY yesterday I inevitably got stuck behind a garbage truck, a semi, a school bus, broken left turn signals, and so on and so forth.

As I sat at my 8 millionth red light yesterday, fuming mad about all the places I had to be IN A HURRY AND I WAS STUCK AT ANOTHER FLIPPING TRAFFIC LIGHT Welcome to the jungle came on the radio.
And as I was sitting at this red light, I thought to myself Welcome to the damn jungle indeed.
I never thought that Axl Rose could sum up just how I felt at that moment in time.

Days like these are rare for me. I work very hard to minimize the stress at my job.
I call it the Whack-A-Mole ( a mole pops up and you whack it back down ) theory of case management. If a problem arises I address it immediately. ( And I also anticipate where the next mole / problem will arise so I can whack it back down too. )If I don't, larger problems will most surely arise in the future. I've got this shit down to a science, so much so that it appears that I do very little at my job.

I would have preferred to have been attacked by an ape than been at work yesterday.


In other news, the CCAA did a second batch of referrals for September. WHOOP WHOOP !!!
Can I get another WHOOP WHOOP !!?? This is almost unheard of as they only normally do referrals once a month. Of course, they could refer twice in September and none in October.
Keep all your fingers crossed for October referrals. This could mean that things are speeding up in China ! WOOO HOOOO !!!!!!
A BIG HUGE Congrats to the all 11/26/05 - 11/30/05 folks out there. You guys sure waited a long time.


Hey Millers...keep your eye on the mail for a package. ;-)


XXOO
Bunny

No comments: