05 September 2007

Julia Child Need Not Worry.

Most of the time I think that I am a pretty good cook. I am not a chef, that is The Mister's job, but I like to think I can hold my own.
I do the basics really well. Sloppy joes, spaghetti and meatballs, pot roast,baked chicken,pasta salad, brownies, you get the idea.
Once in a while I try out a new recipe.
Tonight I decided to try out Zucchini Crust Pizza. I found this recipe on another China mom's blog and it looked yummy.

It went a little something like this...

2 cups grated zucchini
mixed with
1/2 c. bread crumbs
2 eggs
and
1/3 c. parm.
I skipped the parm and added crumbled soy mozzarella
and added salt and pepper.

Mix those together and bake flattened ( and round ) on a well oiled a pizza pan @ 375 until golden. About 20 minutes.
Then add any pizza toppings you like and put back in the oven until cheese is melted.
I used crushed organic tomatoes. uncured, nitrite free pepperoni, tri colored peppers, red onion and soy mozzarella. Oh yes, I also purchased the zucchini and red onion at the farmers market.
Are you choking on the granola yet ?

Let me tell you where I went wrong.

1. I forgot to remove the blade attachment on the food processor as I was grating the zucchini.
This left me with zucchini soup that I had to strain all the excess water out of.
2. I did not oil the pan well enough.

Which means that we had to scrape the " pizza " off the pizza pan. So it really wasn't so much a pizza as is was heaped onto a plate into an unrecognizable pile of mush.
But it was really quite tasty.
Really.

XO
Bunny

No comments: