02 May 2008

Retro Music Friday - Bill # 1

Whenever I hear Sharp Dressed Man by ZZ Top my thoughts automatically turn to my BIL Bill. I should clarify here....I have two BIL's and they are both named Bill.

The Bill I am referencing here is Brock's brother. When I told him that my sister was marrying someone also named Bill he asked that he be Bill # 1

Why does this song remind be of Bill you ask ? Well, it's really quite simple. Bill is very particular about his clothing. It almost borders on OCD. His wife refuses to wash his clothes because he is so particular about wash settings, detergents, fabric softeners, etc.

One time, many years ago, Brock and I went to visit Bill at his bachelor pad in Orlando. Bill had to work the next day so Brock and I were staying at his place by ourselves for the afternoon. I remember Brock calling me into Bill's bedroom as he was standing in front of Bill's closet and , no word of a lie here, all of Bill's shirts were arranged by color and sleeve length. Seriously.

So - this one is for Bill. Our favorite Sharp Dressed Man.

_____________________________________________

In other news; last night we went to karaoke at Tom's Tavern with Chris again - and last night was 1800 Tequila night / Thirsty Thursday / early Cinco De Mayo night. We kicked ass at TV show theme song trivia , so much so that the DJ told the three of us to " Shut the F*ck up !" 'cause we already won prizes.

And I have to say that Chris's version of La Bamba was superb. Chris, you're my karaoke hero.

XO

Bunny

No comments: