09 May 2008

Retro Music Friday - Thursday Night Spin Class.

Tina, who is the Thursday night spin class instructor, plays the best music. Last night she played this song toward the end of class. Tina is by far the most popular spin instructor at the Y. Her class is ALWAYS packed. You have to get there by 5:45 for a 6 PM class if you want to get a good spot - or sometimes a bike for that matter. Last night I counted 18 people in class ! I have tried to get several people to go to spin on Thurs. with me, but so far no takers.

I used to have The Bangles first album - yes, vinyl - I think it's still somewhere in my parent's house. Perhaps I should go look for it, you know, for nostalgia's sake. I mean, it's not like I have any apparatus to actually play it on. But I digress......

I love this song, always have. It went to the soundtrack of Less Than Zero. I have to say, I had a crush on Andrew McCarthy back in the day - man oh man was he cute ! I saw him recently on an episode of Law & Order SVU, he's looking a bit more...mmmm......mature these days.

Speaking of The Bangles, can anyone tell me who wrote the lyrics to Manic Monday ? Anyone ? Anyone ?

It was Prince.

Xoo

Bunny

No comments: