15 August 2008

Retro Music Friday - Madge Is 50.




Madonna is turning 50 tomorrow. I'd like to say she still looks good for 50, but some recent pics of her have been less than flattering.

Believe it or not I have a funny Madonna story. Here goes;

A few weeks ago I had gone to see one of my clients at his apartment. He and his roommate needed to have a check in and I was more than happy to do it. While roommate #1 was preparing his lunch roommate #2 and I were watching VH1 classic. And the above video happened to come on.

I thought for a few seconds that I should change the channel as Madonna vids, by and large, tend to be on the racy side. But then I thought " Well, he's an adult and can watch this video.."

With that I kind of spaced out and was watching the TV with roommate #2. As the vid progressed I hear roommate #2 start to make this growling type noise - that just got louder and louder.

I turned to look at roommate #2 at the exact moment he turned to look at me. This is what he said;

" That's Madonna....SHE DRIVES ME WILD ! " ( insert further growling noise..) " She's something else.." ( more growling with a side of manical laughter here )

And with that the video was over. I suggested that perhaps roommate #2 make his way to the kitchen to make his lunch to which he popped out of his chair and said

" Anything you want pussycat. "

( slight pause )

" Ahhh, I was just being funny, I shouldn't have said that. "

I was glad he realized that he had perhaps crossed the line without me having to point it out to him.

At any rate, my own retrospective of Madonna videos throughout the years can be found HERE,HERE,HERE and HERE.

Enjoy.

Xoooo

Bunny
















No comments: