23 August 2008

The Weekly Roundup.

I realize that I am quite fond of the bullets.

* The sellers of the house, as it turns out, may be a wee bit on the skeevy ( sp?) side. The conditions of the current P & S are unacceptable to us. Unless they ( the sellers ) agree to change them we will be walking away from this house. Continue to stay tuned. And here Buffy was probably thinking after two years of showing us houses she was almost done with us. HA !

* Brock did in fact help me write my " Dear Jon " letter. Although after obliging me in my request for his comedic assistance ( as I have stated previously he is the funniest person I've ever met ) he said " I can't believe I'm taking part in this." which he promptly followed up with " I can't believe my wife is in love with a gay man. " Come to think of it....Brock has always told me I was a closeted fag hag, I never believed him until now.

* While we're on it, I have to say, having such a MASSIVE crush on a gay man did make me question my taste in men there for, like, 5 minutes.

* I realize it appears as if Brock and I have dove off the deep end recently. I was trying to figure out the other day why, all of a sudden, we seem to be swinging from the crazy tree. We were discussing this just yesterday and came to a couple of conclusions.

1. We had a lot of very unfortunate and unnecessary things happen to us early in our marriage. These unfortunate events did not allow us to " sow our oats " as we were knee deep in guano for the better part of eight years. Now that the black cloud of BS seems to have passed we are finally having a good time. (Lucky for us the staggering amount of BS we endured only seemed to push us closer together, where as most would have fallen apart. )

2. We are the only ( married ) people we know ( besides my sister & hubs ) without kids. Which, for better or worse, seems to afford us SHITLOADS of free time that we've been filling up with the sowing of said wild oats.

Our life, since about April, has looked mostly like this;

Drinking, sex, burritos, shopping, drinking, concerts, sex, thai food, house hunting, drinking, listening to The Stones, sex, concerts,swimming, house hunting, sex, drinking, burgers, Red Sox, drinking, listening to Journey, swimming, shopping, sex, drinking, shopping, Red Sox, concerts, The Chieftain, sex and drinking.

I know these are the things we probably should have been doing at 22, but for the reasons stated above, we missed out on them. It's all good though, I think that at 32 we are much more appreciative of the happy-fun-time we're having now than we would have been at 22.
And there seems to be a whole lot of THIS going on here lately.

I hope you can all appreciate my honesty.


* I'm not sure if you've all read my new tag line underneath the title of my blog. It is a phrase I use quite frequently with regard to one of my clients. She tends to overract in situations (i.e. Killing Ants With A Bazooka ) that don't require such a reaction. Given that I've been her case manager for about three years now I have an very intimate understanding of her psyche and how to redirect her. I felt that it was perhaps applicable to me in some situations.

* Therese sent me some recent pics of the kids, which I promptly stuck to the fridge. They are some damn cute kids! I'm going to have to resist the urge to slather them in BBQ sauce and eat them up the next time I see them.

* I've become quite the salad maker lately. I think I may even be giving Tim a run for his money. Have I mentioned that I am OBSESSED with THIS salad dressing as of late ? I scored a HUGE bottle of it at WFM yesterday at HALF PRICE !


* I started the Freebie discussion at work this week and WOW ! What an odd assortment of Freebies! Without naming names as to whom they belong to here are a few....

Henry Cavill
Evan Dando
Jeff Goldblum
Lisa Bonet
Bjork
Faye Dunaway
Mary Tyler Moore ( in her DVD show days )
Scarlett Johansen ( whom I've decided is the George Clooney for men )
and
Brad Pitt ( the now version of him, not the T &L version. )

* I've had this song stuck in my head for two days and more shockingly - I actually like it.


Oh well, I hope you all have a fantastic weekend.


Xooooo
Bunny

No comments: