29 September 2008

Countdown To 10.

Seeing as how our 10th anniversary is this week I thought that perhaps I would regale all of you with amusing tales of our relationship though the years - or perhaps just a little chronology of events thus far.

Chapter One.

Brock and I met on December 3, 1995. We were introduced by our mutual friend Walter. Walter felt very strongly that Brock and I belonged together and was determined to make it so.
(I'm not sure if I've ever told you guys this before, so forgive me if I'm repeating myself. )
Walter used to bring Brock over to the apartment where I lived with Therese & Katra and after about 15 minutes of socializing Walter would get up and leave, leaving Brock at my apartment with me. Alternately to this, Walter also used to come over to my apartment and get me and tell me that we were going to go out - when really all he would do was drive me over to where Brock was living at the time, dump me there and leave after about 15 minutes.

I'm not entirely sure if it was a desperate attempt to get Walter off our backs or if we were really starting to dig each other, but we ended up going on a date five nights later - December 8th, 1995.

Brock insists that I shot him down in his 1st attempt to ask me out.
I prefer not to think of it this way.
I felt kind of bad for Brock that Walt was dumping him with me all the time. At that time Brock was really incredibly shy and I really felt that he didn't like me at all- really I was trying to give him an out as if to say " Look dude, I know Walt's been putting you up to all this and it's really OK if you just want to take off - no hard feelings. "

As it turns out Brock did actually like me.
I think it took slightly longer for me to warm up to him - as I have said he was incredibly shy and really didn't say much of anything to me for at least three weeks.

But he kept asking me out and I kept saying yes.
And on these dates I talked and talked and talked - probably wildly gesticulating and talking about something completely inane and ridiculous.
And Brock continued to say nothing much - mostly he listened to me yammer on and on and on.

I couldn't figure out why he kept asking me out as really all it seemed we were doing was a whole lot of me talking and him listening.

(Several years later Brock admitted to me that he was quite smitten with me at the time - that the other girls just weren't like me....)

Then Christmas break happened and we both went home for the holidays. I have no memory as to whether or not we called each other during this time. However I believe during this time Brock's brother Bill tried introducing him to another young lady whom he's said he was just not interested in.

We both ended up back on campus early and well before our respective roommates.

The first night we were back Brock came over to my place and we talked all night long.
We talked until at least 5:30 in the morning.
We could not get enough of each other.
We've been together ever since.

And in case you were wondering - he kissed me first.


Random Brock fact #1:
When I met Brock he would/did not wear jeans. At all. Ever.

Tune into tomorrow for Chapter 2.

Xo
Bunny.

No comments: