20 September 2008

Retro Music Friday - A Day Late.



Sorry I'm a little late with this. Brock and I got really busy helping Chris move yesterday and well, the day just kinda got away from me.

OK, now that that is out of the way we can proceed with this week's RMF. This is She Works Hard For The Money by Donna Summer. As you'll remember from previous RMFs there are certain songs that remind me of certain people, places and / or events. Every time I hear this song I think of Steph.Steph runs her own business and she works quite hard for the money. So, mad props to Steph.

This song was released in 1983. I was seven and in the 2nd grade. My 2nd grade teacher was Mrs. Glode and I remember liking her quite a bit. My class was the last year she taught before she retired. She had one foot in the grave when I was in the 2nd grade, so I'm sure she's probably passed on by now.

BTW, did you know that Donna Summer is from Boston ?

_____________________________________________

In other news;

My mother and my co-worker Teresa are now proud new owners of kittens. My mom named her kitten Maggie and I believe Teresa named her kitten Genghis Chat ( silent H ).

Our mortgage was approved yesterday ! WOOOOO HOOOOO !! Not that we were worried that it wasn't going to be, it's just official now. We're planning on moving on Halloween.


XO


Bunny

No comments: