26 September 2008

Retro Music Friday.


I had many, many ideas swirling in my head for this week's video. I was really having a difficult time making a decision. Really. I heard this song on the car radio yesterday, which, come to think of it is the only place I listen to the radio anymore....but I digress.

I've loved this song for as long as I can remember. Brock however, well, let's just say this song lacks the street cred he looks for in retro tunes. When he hears this song he gets that look on his face like he'd rather me smack him in the forehead repeatedly with a soup ladle.

I've always said our musical tastes differ.

Although he is quite fond of THIS SONG, which surprises me quite frankly.

And another thing - did you know that Brock has NO MEMORY of Solid Gold ! I know, I'm just as shocked as you are. I LOVED Solid Gold !

At any rate, this is Matthew Wilder. Rhapsody has him categorized at singer-songwriter. Which sort of implies a Harry Chapin-James Taylor sort of feel - which I don't get from him. I think the only thing he may have in common with the singer-songwriter ilk is a strong resemblance to Jim Croce. It's sort of like he's Jim Croce's only-moderately-successful-younger-brother.

This song was released in 1983. I was 7 and in the 1st -2nd grade.

Enjoy.

XO

Bunny


No comments: