22 September 2008

Subject: Different Priorities.

This was excerpted from an email I sent Steph on Saturday AM.
Enjoy - and please try not to be too offended.



Hey -
Not you and I. No no, that would be the hubs and I.
Just last night I was coveting a new duvet @ Target.
I know, I'm a cheap date......
I really liked this duvet. I mean really. It so fit the vision of what I want our new bedroom to be.
And since our mortgage was fully approved yesterday I felt that perhaps is was OK to splurge a little.

I have to say, I've been very...ahh...restrained in my purchases lately. I've really been trying hard to be good - which has been quite a job for me. I've always said that my halo was affixed to a set of horns with duct tape....or perhaps super glue - SG being more visually appealing.
My only recent extravagances this week have been one ( ONE ! ) trip to Starbucks and some new eye shadow.
Needless to say, this duvet was calling my name.
" Oh happy consumer....you want me...I am a beautiful duvet...I have matching shams....BUY ME ! "

However, I was standing next to the hubs who gave me that disapproving look that I swear he learned from my mother.
So I put the duvet down to let him believe he'd won this battle.

This morning I was looking at Target.com to see if by some retail miracle the duvet would be a little less expensive online....I had to build my case.
Alas, it was the same price online as in the store. Which only left me to concoct Plan C - which I'm even entirely sure what that is yet.

So this morning the Hubs throws a magazine down in front of me. More to the point it was the back of Runner's World where they have all the ads.
There is an ad from Adam & Eve advertising 50% off all purchases for subscribers of said magazine.
FYI ( though I'm sure you already know this..) Adam & Eve are the purveyors of.....ahhemm.....adult novelties.
The hubs told me to check it out, meaning......go ahead and buy sex toys.
Really, who can pass up a deal for 50% off sex toys ? Certainly not Brock.
This is where his Paula encoded frugality DNA comes into play I guess.

I was at first apoplectic, then I was miffed.
He had the nerve to give me a bunch of shit about wanting to buy a new duvet - but somehow sex toys are OK ???

I fail to see how the purchase of a duvet will surely put us into financial ruin, but by God, sex toys are somehow the on ramp of the road to salvation.

:::::::::::Sigh:::::::::

XO
Me

____________________________________________
At this point ( Monday night ) we neither have a new duvet or sex toys.
I wonder who is gonna blink first ?

XO
Bunny

No comments: