24 January 2009

Hey Light And Leisure........

This is for you......

( this is not me btw...)

Have I told you, dear internet, about my war of attrition with the fuckers at Light & Leisure ? So it seems that I have not...

OK, here goes:

Sometime ago, maybe oh..six months ago whilst waiting for the closing date on our house to roll around I had purchased a set of three matching lamps from BB&B. This particular set of lamps were on the deep, deep discount rack because they were missing the matching shades. However me being the outside the box thinker that I am I decided that since they would go very nicely in our soon-to-be HUGE bedroom and the price was right I was willing to put in a little extra effort to procure some shades.

I remember saying to Brock " How hard can it be to find some shades to go with these ? "

I had a vision of what kind of shades I wanted ( very much like THESE ) to get to go with these lamps. I looked everywhere, Target, Walmart, Kohl's, Burlington Coat Factory, BB & B, Linens & Things, Pier 1, online...I could go on and on. I spent three solid months looking for the shades I wanted.

Finally, by some miracle of interior design, I found the shades I wanted at Light & Leisure. OH HAPPY DAY ! I swear I did a little dance right there in the store. And that little dance in the store is right where my happiness ended.


The guy at the store had to special order them ( this was on 10/24/08 ) and told me he'd call me when they came in - in about 3 weeks.

Guess what ? Three weeks came and went. I called L & L again. He said give them one more week and call back then.

I waited another week (the day before T'giving ) and called back. Still no shades.

The salesman told me that he was going to call the factory and get back to me.

Get back to me he did and for some reason the shades never shipped and they ( the factory ) were going to ship them again. He asked me to call back in another three weeks - now we're at a week before Xmas.

Of course Xmas week gets busy and I forget to call, so now it's the week after Xmas when I finally get around to calling. I gave the douchebag at L & L a jingle and guess what ? There was a nice recorded message letting me know that THE FUCKING STORE IS CLOSED UNTIL JANUARY 10th !!!!!!!!

Not one to sit idly by (which is code for I was ripping mad) and wait for my shades I decided to call the flagship store / corporate headquarters in Danvers. I speak with Tom, who assures me that two months is entirely too long to wait for two GD lamp shades and he will look into it and get back to me.

Now keep in mind that we've moved into our house going on two months ago and everyone that has come by for " the tour " has gone into the bedroom and asked me why we have no shades on our lamps. I'm sure you can imagine my annoyance...

But I digress.

Tom gets back to me within a few hours ( I'm liking Tom already...I contemplate putting him on my Xmas card list..) and informs me that the factory ( in New Jersey ) moved during the time I ordered the shades and apparently never got my order. My new buddy Tom re-orders the shades for me and assures me I will have them lickety-split.

At this point I'm beginning to wonder why I have to wait three weeks for something to ship from New Jersey. I mean, it's New Jersey, not Bangladesh.

I'm also wondering at what point I call Help Me Hank.

I'm also wondering if two GD lamp shades are worth all this heartache and frustration and should I just ask for my money back ?

But I decide that, No...I will get my shades, come hell or high water. Light & Leisure will not get the better of me.

Another three weeks have now gone by and I hear from Tom again. The shades have arrived in their main warehouse and will be sent to the store that I ordered them from.

I got a message on my cell on Thursday night from the d-bag at the Milford store letting me know that the shades are in the store and I can come get them at anytime.

Brock and I hopped in the car yesterday and set off for the Milford store, which is a 30 minute drive from our house and guess what ?

You're gonna laugh....this is really, really amusing.

There was a sign on the door that read;

" STORE CLOSED DUE TO PERSONAL EMERGENCY. "

I lost my shit right there. I mean, Lost. It. It was not pretty.

I suppose we're going to have " Procurement of Lamp Shades, Episode Two. " this afternoon. I've already told Brock that he is going to go into the store to pick them up because I may do bodily harm to the salesman if I go in there.

If we actually take possession of said shades this afternoon it will be THREE MONTHS TO THE DAY after I ordered them.

Stay tuned.

__________________________________________

In other, far less stressful, news the MB is finished. WOOO HOOOO !!!

And if you'll notice I have a new ticker at the bottom of my blog. Truck day, the day all the Red Sox equipment is packed up and driven to FL for spring training, is coming up soon.

Oh to hear the witty banter of Remy and D.O again fills my heart with joy !


Have a great day y'all !

Xoooo

Bunny






















No comments: