16 January 2009

Retro Music Friday.





Today marks a very special Friday here at ADITLOB. Anyone wanna guess what makes today so freakin' special ? Anyone ? Bueller ? Bueller ?

Today is the very, very, very last Friday we will have to endure that lame-ass excuse for a president George W. Bush in office. I could go on and on, but I've made no secret of how I feel about GWB.

FIVE MORE DAYS PEOPLE !

Can I get a WHOOP WHOOP !

At any rate, this first video is Ray Charles' Hit The Road Jack. It went #1 in October of 1961. I felt it appropriate for today.

Did anyone see Jamie Foxx play Ray Charles in the movie Ray ? Just curious. I was channel surfing the other day and I saw an advertisement for the remake of Miami Vice w/ Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx on On Demand and suddenly I was transported back to the day Brock and I went to the theatre to see this movie. And we were sorely disappointed. I mean, if you're gonna make such an iconic show into a movie......ugh. It was horrible. They didn't even play the theme song ! I think that is what disappointed me the most about that whole experience. I guess it just goes to show there is only one Sonny Crockett and Ricardo Tubbs, and it ain't Colin and Jamie. So I was pleased to see that Jamie redeemed himself with Ray and was rewarded as such. I guess thats where I was going with this.


While I was surfing YouTube I came across Eric Clapton covering Hit The Road Jack and well, who am I to keep such a rarity all to myself ? In case you guys did not know, Eric Clapton and I share the same birthday, so I carry a certain fondness for him. Dude is a little batshit and lets face it.....so am I.

I thought about doing Bye Bye Bye by N'SYNC for today's RMF, but then I thought

A) it's not really that retro

and

B) I'd lose some credibility by putting N'SYNC on my blog.

So, if you guys wanna see Bye Bye Bye please, CLICK HERE. Understand that if you, you do so at your own peril and I am not responsible for any side effects you may experience.

___________________________________________________

In other news I was deathly ill this week. Really, I felt like I wanted to die on Tuesday. In fact, at some point around 2 PM on Tuesday I think death might have been preferable to the misery I was feeling. I'm feeling 110% better today. Although a nice little side effect of being so ill was that I lost 5 lbs.

Also, let the mania continue...I'm painting my bedroom on Monday as it is a holiday and I have the day off. I have a dream too....and it's for my bedroom to look like an adult bedroom and not a little kids room.

Did you know Brock's been calling me " The Mad Painter Of Woonsocket" ?

At any rate, have a wonderful day, stay warm and be good. Talk to y'all soon.

Xoooo

Bunny

P.S. Hey Georgie, don't let he door hit you on the ass !

No comments: