21 January 2009

RMF - A Lot Going On This Week.

First off, this is my 450th post ! Ok, I just wanted to get that out of the way....




Last Friday night Brock and I went to The Chieftain with our friend Chris to see The Rebel Riders. The drummer is a friend of Chris's sister and he wanted to drop in and give them a shout out. They were really fantastic ! They play mostly outlaw country...which is a PC way to say they play mostly redneck music. But seeing as how my old man ( my dad, not Brock ) is from Texas I have certain affinity for all things redneck.

At one point during their show they played The Gambler and the singer asked the audience to sing along if they knew the words.

So there sat the three of us at a table and much to Brock's and Chris's surprise ( and to some degree my own ) I was the only one ( at our table ) that knew all the words to The Gambler. And I mean I knew ALL the words...those two only knew the chorus.....but come on....everyone knows the chorus to The Gambler.

After we took Chris home and Brock and I were driving home he asked how it came to be that I knew all the words to that song and I said; " I really don't know why I know all the words......I just do...ask me if I can do algebra though. "

I know that the vid I picked for this week isn't particularly sexy, but it has all the lyrics so maybe some of you will remember them and then I won't have to be the only one who knows all the words anymore.

I believe this is from 1978. I was two.
_________________________________________________

"Let it be told to the future world ... that in the depth of winter, when nothing but hope and virtue could survive ... that the city and the country, alarmed at one common danger, came forth to meet (it.)"


President Obama...still not used to saying it, but I like the sound of it.


Worked stopped for an hour on Tuesday as all of us in the building were watching the inauguration either live streamed on CNN or on the big TV they put in the lunch room. The receptionist even put the phones over to the answering service....you could hear a pin drop.
_____________________________________________

The Master Bedroom project is now into day seven. There is a very, very small piece of drywall that still needs touching up so hopefully today I will be finished.


File under: Adventures In Drywall: Brock sanded down the patch he put on the wall the other night with his electric sander. Know what happens when you sand down dry joint compound with an electric sander ? Your lovely, almost completely painted MB ends up looking like a coke den. Oh. My. God. There was white powder EVERYWHERE ! It took us a good two hours to clean it all up. We had to strip the all the bedding.....dust every piece of furniture twice and...and we burned out the motor in our vacuum sucking up all the drywall dust. So, I have a nice new vacuum as of last night.


Any of you guys ever bought a new vacuum and end of completely horrified after the first time you use it when you realize what the old vacuum wasn't getting up ? Yeah, gross huh ?
__________________________________________

Wednesday marked month # 22 of Logged In-ness at the CCAA. They just finished February of 2006. So February 2009 should see the start of March 2006 LID's. __________________________________________
I came across an article in People ( I couldn't find the article on People's website, but this article is similar ) about the guy with this blog, so I started reading it...the blog, not the article.
Life is short my friends, make the most of it while you're here.

That's it for today. I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend.

Xoooo

Bunny








No comments: