24 February 2009

An Open Letter To Mother Nature.

Dear Mother Nature,


First, I'd like to compliment you on the depths of your sheer awesomeness. The shit you can pull off is truly amazing. Like the view from the top of Cadillac Mountain, perfect orchids, chirping birds, the amber waves of grain......it's all cool. You got mad skills girlfriend.

But really, I am SO FLIPPIN' SICK OF THE COLD WEATHER. In case I've not expressed this to you lately, I really don't like being cold. This can be evidenced by my heated mattress pad, towel warmer and extensive collection of fleece pants and sweaters.

Granted, lately it's not the take-your-breath-away-as-soon-as-you-open-the-front-door cold of New Years Eve. Now it's the type of cold that is not quite cold enough to be painful, but it's just cold enough to be annoying. Damn annoying.

I'd also like to tell you too that you are a BIG TEASE. Don't think I've forgotten about those few days when it was almost 60. Yeah, and I saw those two cardinals the other day too. I nearly fainted....I couldn't remember the last time I saw A BIRD, let alone TWO BIRDS.

Normally I'd be trying to take off to some tropical destination by this time, you know, someplace like Bali, or Aruba....maybe Tucson.
But The Mister and I just bought a house and well, we're sort of short on fun-time funds these days.

So, if you could kindly pack it in already I'd really appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Bunny

No comments: