06 February 2009

Retro Music Friday - Two Versions Of The Same Song.

OK, this week we're doing a little compare and contrast. Here are two versions of the same song. This is Fly Like An Eagle.....



This is the original version by The Steve Miller Band.

I happen to love The Steve Miller band, and so does one of the clients in our program. I took this particular client to the New England Aquarium last summer during our car ride to meet up with the rest of the group we were listening to the local classic rock station. They had played a SMB song and this particular client had expressed his love of Mr. Miller and his band. I got so excited as I've yet to find another person with SMB interest equal to my own.

Every time I've seen this client since then I have to remind him that we both like SMB. He gets so excited that someone else likes them as much as he does......see, he's disabled and he forgets that we've previously had this conversation...so every time I tell him we both like SMB...well, it's like the first time every time for him.....for me, well.....it's getting a bit old. But I keep it up for his sake...it seems to make him happy.

This is Seal's version.

I saw an interview with Heidi Klum not too long ago and the interviewer had asked her how she came to meet Seal ( FYI, they're married ). She said she met him backstage at some awards show and that upon her first view of him her eyes bugged out of her head and her tongue unrolled like a cartoon character. It was kind of a funny story to hear her tell it. I don't think I really did it justice.

I'm not sure which version I like better. I think they are both equally great. I know the vids I picked for these songs aren't too visually stimulating, but try to enjoy the tunes.

Have a great weekend !

Xooooo

Bunny

No comments: