20 February 2009

Retro Music Friday. My Friend Kathy.

I thought I would start doing sort of RMF tributes to all the people I love.

So, here goes; My friend Kathy and I used to work together many moons ago. I don't think it's so long ago that it could be considered " back in the day ", but we go back a long way. Kathy and I have gone on to different employers but we still keep in touch. Unfortunately our schedules don't permit us to see each other that often, we can usually manage a lunch or dinner together once every three months or so. However, when we do get together it's like we saw each other just yesterday. We have a lot in common, more than I can begin to ( or want to ) summarize here....but sufficed to say Kathy " gets it " and I so dig that about her. She has this uncanny knack for verbalizing exactly...exactly....what I am thinking before I can get three words out of my mouth.

Kathy has expressed on occasion that I keep her hip. Part of me " keeping her hip " is that I sometimes burn her CDs. She ( I think...) loves the CDs I burn her. I recently made her a new CD that she has yet to come by and pick up from me. ( truth....I'm holding the CD hostage as a bargaining chip for her to get her ass over to my house. I've not seen her since before Xmas..)

Today's RMF is a sneak preview of the latest CD I've made her.

This is Ooh Child by The Five Stairsteps. This is such a great song and it reminds me of Kathy, which is why I put it on the CD for her. This song was released in 1970. I wasn't born and I think Kathy was about three.

As it turns out there are a few other versions of this song. There is one by Hall & Oates. ( love them ! ) and another version by Nina Simone ( equally awesome ! ). And file this one under " You Never Know What You're Gonna Find On YouTube. ", there is even a Chipmunk version of this song. I thought about embedding the Chipmunk version, but then I thought...credibility....credibility...credibility. So if you want to hear the Chipmunk version please CLICK HERE.

Some other random Kathy facts;

She has the same birthday as Prince and the exact same ( month, day and year ) birthday as Dave Navarro. When I told her that she shared the exact same birthday as Dave Navarro she asked me who the hell Dave Navarro was.

I guess I have yet more " hip " work to do.

And BTW, OH HOLY CRAP THIS STUFF IS AMAZING ! My hair looks big. And fluffy. Oh my. You don't need to order it from Amazon UK. I picked up some yesterday at CVS.

XO

Bunny

No comments: