14 February 2009

Retro Music Friday - Eight Beers & Two Shots Of Whisky.

The Mister and I had a pretty rockin' party last night. I invited all of my co-workers and sundry other people over to our house for dinner and Rock Band.

And for a very brief moment in time the case managers, fueled by an excess of food and drink, channeled their collective inner client.

It was awesome and ( I think ) a good time was had by all.

One of the hit song performances of the evening was Hungry Like The Wolf by Duran Duran.

Why the Eight Beers & Two Shots of Whisky you ask ?

After the last few party goers staggered out the door sometime after midnight Brock and I were standing at the kitchen taking stock of the mess to be cleaned when he leaned against our kitchen island, put his head down and said " Man, I am so wasted. "

Having been the hostess with the most-ess last night I remained pretty well sober. I had also given many tours of the house so I was not keeping tabs on The Mister.

While his head was down on the island I asked him how much he'd had to drink. To which he replied " Eight beers and two shots of whisky, I think..."

I'm gonna betcha that if The Mister's liver could have physically manifested itself today it would have probably most closely resembled Gary Busey.

Hungry Like The Wolf is on the album Rio, which was released in 1982. I was six and in the second grade. And seriously, how hot was Simon Le Bon back in the day ?

Xooo

Bunny

2 comments:

The Bumbles said...

I was 12 and truly believed I would grow up to be Mrs. Simon LeBon. Didn't happen. But being Mrs. Bumble worked out just dandy!

Add alcohol to Rock Band and you end up with a late night - that's for sure!

Erica said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I LOVE COMMENTS !

Bumbles, if you don't mind me asking, how did you happen to stumble across my blog ? I'm always curious as to where my readers come from. At any rate, welcome to our cozy little group!

Bunny.

P.S. When I was 12 I was totally convinced that I would someday be Mrs. Jon Bon Jovi. LOL !